Typically, physicians or teachers will notice a delay or disorder in a child?s communication skills. They can recommend that your child be evaluated. Parents may also notice a delay in communication skills, and should discuss their concerns with their child?s doctor and teacher, or contact a speech-language pathologist for an evaluation. Parents may also notice behavior problems arising from school-aged children because the children are frustrated with their communication problems, but aren?t sure of how to express their problems to adults. In any case, if you are concerned about your child?s speech and language development and/or use, please contact us to schedule an appointment.